Senin, 13 Juni 2011

Books That Will Be Adapted To Movies, Please At Least Be As Good

THIS GEEK NEEDS TO READ BOOKS! And by 'this geek', I mean me. I'm dying to read these books. I need moneyyyyyyy so I can buy it, of course duh, what doesn't cost money nowadays? But I bet these books are expensive cause it's import stuff and all that. These books I'm dying to read are:

1. The Hunger Games
I spread out my fingers, and the dark berries glisten in the sun. I give Peeta's hand one last squeeze as a signal, as a good-bye, and we begin counting. "One." Maybe I'm wrong. "Two." Maybe they don't care if we both die. "Three!" It's too late to change my mind. I lift my hand to my mouth, taking one last look at the world. The berries have just passed my lips when the trumpets begin to blare. 
-Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark; Chapter 25

2. The Perks Of Being A Wallflower
And Sam looked at the paper and then she looked at me.
"Charlie. . . Have you ever kissed a girl?"
I shook my head no. It was so quiet.
"Not even when you were little?"
I shook my head no again. And she looked very sad.
She told me about the first time she was kissed. She told me that it was with one of her dad's friends. She was seven. And she told nobody except Mary Elizabeth and then Patrick a year ago. And she started to cry. And she said something that I won't forget. Ever.
"I know that you know that I like Craig. And I know that I told you not to think of me that way. And I know that we can't be together like that. But I want to forget all those things for a minute. Okay?"
"Okay"
"I want to make sure that the first person you kiss loves you. Okay?"
"Okay" She was crying harder now. And I was, too, because when I hear something like that I just can't help it.
"I just want to make sure of that. Okay?"
"Okay"
And she kissed me. And it was the kind of kiss that I could never tell my friends about out loud. It was the kind of kiss that made me know that I was never so happy in my whole life.
-Charlie and Sam; pgs. 69-70.

3. Thirteen Reasons Why
I hope you're ready, because I'm about to tell you the story of my life. More specifically, why my life ended. And if you're listening to these tapes, you're one of the reasons why.
-Hannah Baker; Chapter 1

It all seems so great and amazing I just can't wait to read it all!!!!!! I know so far the title of this post doesn't have anything to do with what I wrote. But these next sentences will. I'm so excited that all these books are gonna be turn into movies. Especially The Hunger Games, the movie will seem so great considering Jennifer Lawrence and (my hubby) Josh Hutcherson will star in it. And The Perks Of Being A Wallflower seems interesting, I'm more interested for the movie but well I want to compare the movie to the book which I'm pretty sure the book will be better although (my other hubby) Logan Lerman, and Emma Watson are portraying Sam and Charlie in the movie. Thirteen Reasons Why is so touching. I read the summary and I nearly cried. It's about this girl who committed suicide because of all the pressures that's going on in her life. In the book, she tells why she killed herself. Thirteen reasons why, to be exact. In wikipedia, they said something about making this book a movie, I was so stoked! But then they say Selena Gomez will capture Hannah. I was like, WHAT? Selena Gomez? Don't get me wrong, she's an amazing actress and I love her. But I just don't think she's right for the part. Selena as a teen who committed suicide? No, please, don't. She's too mainstream. I'm afraid a lot of teenagers will follow the character and commit suicide as well. I mean, you don't know how people are these days. And Selena has always been such a nice and joyful girl, I just can't see her playing someone suicidal. Why not Hailee Steinfeld or Emily Browning or Emma Roberts? They'd be great. Anyways, can't wait can't wait can't wait.

2 komentar:

  1. jeez we even read the same books!! hahahah

    you know what I think, I think Charlie killed Aunt Helen and... Hannah Baker didn't kill herself 'literally'. :(

    BalasHapus